Lucid dreaming is the experience of realizing that you are indeed, dreaming. Once you gain awareness of what’s happening, you’re able to control the dream. You can conjure up any experience that you want; from flying through the sky, to fascinating conversations and telekinesis.
The big trick is simply remembering to question if you’re dreaming whilst doing so. Because once you wonder that––it’s on.
Here’s a few tricks to get there:
- Remember your dreams––Start a dream journal, either writing or babbling into the mic of your phone. The point is to train the mind to think about dreamtime, to create awareness of it and a relationship to it in your waking hours.
- Dream Checks––During your waking day, ask yourself, “Am I dreaming?” Do so every time you do something routine; like every time you check the clock or look out the window, ask yourself “Am I dreaming?” The habit will carry over into dreamtime.
- Plan what you will do––Do you want to fly? Get laid? Chat with Albert Schweitzer? Daydream it as practice for the real thing.
- Watch the movie Waking Life––That’s how I had my first, after watching this amahhhzing flick, and without even trying!
- Think about lucid dreaming as you fall asleep––After you’re all cozied in, simply remind yourself that you are going to go lucid dream now. Focus on it, intend on doing it.That should do ‘er! Don’t worry if it takes some time, all of the coolest things in life have a learning curve.
That should do ‘er! Don’t worry if it takes some time, all of the coolest things in life have a learning curve.